Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager – Events
Hours: 37.5 Monday – Friday
Who we are
Our client is a Top 10 UK-based Travel Management Company with global reach. With over 60 years’ experience, our client are backed by the brightest people, and industry leading technology.
Our client takes events seriously which is why they have formed a separate division with a £40M annual turnover, For over 10 years, our client have helped some of the world’s leading organisations and best-known brands to shine. A great event is greater than the sum of its parts. Our services cover every aspect of consultation, creative, logistics and production; bringing together the brightest people in the industry, whether it be for a quarterly conference, annual awards dinner, outdoor festival, or overseas reward/incentive programme, we can provide a true one-stop-shop.
As a group our client promote a sustainable approach to business travel and events and by 2030 will be carbon neutral. With their innovative technology they can drive sustainable travel and events providing meaningful information along with comprehensive data that can be drilled down to individual level, allows our clients to make informed decisions and operate a sustainable travel program that aligns with their goals. All of this and a professional membership with the Institute of Customer Service are what enable our client to provide a brighter approach to business travel.
Your new role
We're looking for a enthusiastic & energetic Business Development Manager to spread the word and make the events market “Brighter” across the UK
- Proven track record of hitting sales targets
- Confident in developing outbound pipeline and handling objections
- Full accountability for your own end to end sales pipeline including lead generation
- Helping to grow the business by finding and closing new opportunities
- Plan personal sales activity effectively with regular contact via telephone, email and face to face communication.
- Establish and plan key accounts.
- Actively promoting the brand and always provide exceptional customer service.
- Comfortable with travel across the UK to see clients
- Creative and able to explain concepts to clients
- Experience working in an autonomous and driven environment
- Proven track record of achieving individual and team sales targets
- Being data driven and results orientated
- Microsoft efficient
- Experience in scaling a fast-growing sales function
- Extremely strong verbal, written, numeracy and presentation skills
- Negotiation skills
- Experience in Event sales or Travel Industry
What you’ll get in return
Competitive salary, with incentive scheme. 23 days leave plus 8 Bank Holidays, as well as an additional day-off in December.
You'll receive an outstanding benefits package which includes Regular staff awards. Access to supplier incentives, competitions and educational as well as Life Cover, Eye Care Vouchers and Pension Scheme.
Interested in the Business Development Manager role? If so, apply now or send your CV to Craig@cltrecruitment.com