Group Flights Consultant – Events
Location East Kilbride Office
Competitive salary package plus 23 days holiday 1 extra day for Christmas Shopping and Bank Holidays
Due to our continued growth we are now looking for an Group Flights Travel Consultant to join our team based in East Kilbride office.
As one of the fastest growing Travel Management Companies in the UK, we have an exciting range of accounts and offer support to clients across a variety of sectors, so this is an excellent opportunity to flex and develop your skills.
This is a great opportunity for someone to work their way up to an experienced Business Travel Consultant to flex their skills.
The key purpose of this role is to offer first line support to our clients wishing to book group arrangements for a variety of events throughout the world, assisting with all air requirements and providing excellent customer service at all times. The consultant will support their team and the Team Manager.
No two days are the same, but on a typical day you will;
- Process all group flight reservations, amendments and cancellations as requested by the client in a timely and accurate manner and in accordance with the company standards and those laid out in the entire ISO procedures manuals.
- Support specialist areas
- Offer a variety of flight options, explaining fare rules Booking flights for groups of passengers and groups of individual passengers
- Offer advice regarding destinations, best/most cost-effective carriers etc.
- Convert general enquiries into actual bookings utilising all the tools and technology available.
- Take ownership of complex customer enquiries received in writing or over the telephone
- Ensure the highest level of customer service is offered to internal and external customers at all times.
- Maintain and Develop relationships with key clients.
- Responsible for delivering the most cost-effective solutions to remain competitive.
- Build relationships ensuring the efficient processing of all bookings and queries received
- Handling all enquiries in a timely and professional manner
- Confirm the reservations as required and ensuring the booking process goes smoothly
- Offering excellent customer service with every client transaction
- Utilise account management skills in order to retain and grow business
- Take ownership and responsibility for all client queries handled until successfully concluded.
- Ensure that all fare rules, regulations and conditions are given correctly with a full explanation.
- Ensure that valid alternatives are offered to all clients.
- Ensure that full support is given to the key preferred suppliers.
- Ensure all communication both written and verbal is professional, accurate and conducted in a timely manner.
- Accurately process data and issue invoices to ensure compliance with ISO standards.
- Support any commercial agreements which are in place.
- Log and deal with customer complaints and reduce future issues, escalating where necessary.
- Help and support the business in minimising or eradicating the harm our business operations inevitably inflicts on the environment
- Support consultants immediate training issues
- Support the management team to coach and develop other members of the team
- Deputise for the Team Manager in their absence ensuring that the branch continues to run efficiently
- Achieve own sales target and lead by example at all times
- Assist the Team Manager to identify opportunities for growth within your branch
In return we offer a competitive salary with the opportunity to grow and develop you career
So if you’re a high performer with a passion for travel then please get in touch we’d love to hear from you!